Beneficial Ownership Consultation Report - 30 Dec 2014
Published 30th December 2014, 1:26pm
From 15 November 2013 to 28 February 2014, the Ministry of Financial Services sought public feedback on sections 2, 3, and 6 of the Cayman Islands Action Plan to Prevent the Misuse of Companies and Legal Arrangements. The Ministry conducted the public consultation on behalf of the Cayman Islands Government.
In recognition of the Cayman Islands’ contribution to the global economy, the consultation was open to the public, both locally and internationally, in order to provide an opportunity for broad representation.
This report summarises the consultation responses; and outlines the Government’s current position, and proposed action points, on the following matters:
- legal and beneficial ownership (section 2 of the Action Plan/consultation document);
- a central register of beneficial ownership information (section 3); and
- corporate transparency (bearer shares), (section 6).
The Action Plan is attached as Annex 1, and the consultation document is attached as Annex 2.
The Ministry received 43 responses to the public consultation, including submissions from individuals; foreign non-governmental organisations (foreign NGOs); local organisations and associations (local NGOs); and local and foreign companies.
- Beneficial Ownership Consultation Report - 30 Dec 2014
- Consultation Report on Maintenance of Legal and Beneficial Ownership Information.
For more information, please contact the Financial Services Secretariat at (345) 945-5819 or via email at email@example.com.